It’s time for our 3rd Annual Embrace Oregon Work Day at the N. Clackamas DHS office.
We will need lots of help to pull off the Embrace Oregon Work Day!
This is a great opportunity for individuals, families, small groups, Bible studies, or youth groups to work together in supporting the vulnerable kids in our community. And it’s a huge encouragement to the staff, who are thrilled to have us in their building again! This is also a very low-pressure way to see the inside of the building and get a better understanding of what kids in the foster care system experience.
When: Saturday, February 13th, 8am-noon
Where: N. Clackamas DHS, 16440 SE 82nd Dr, Clackamas
What: Cleaning, organizing, and touch-up painting the rooms most heavily used by kids & families
Here’s what we need:
* individually wrapped snacks for kids (granola or cereal bars, microwave mac n cheese or soups, crackers, juice boxes, etc.)
* art supplies, craft kits, play dough, sidewalk chalk
* gently used (like new) toys, books, puzzles (NO blankets or stuffed animals, please)
* gently used outdoor toys: small tricycles, scooters, balls
* $$ for supplies
VOLUNTEERS (older kids + adults): all cleaning & painting supplies will be provided
* greeters (sign-in volunteers) & snack table
* touch-up painters
* I’d LOVE to have someone powerwash the roof & cement floor of the outdoor play area. We’ve received approval, but it would need to be a professional (licensed & insured). Let me know if you have any leads!
* 150 individual encouragement notes/treats on each staff person’s desk or one big sign/spread in the staff break room
Please spread the word and contact me with any questions, donations, or volunteers.
Emily Chesney, Embrace OR liaison NC DHS
More information at Foster Care Work Day Flyer (PDF 130kB)