The Elder Council appreciates all who are praying for our “Building On Faith” facilities development project. There are three questions that frequently surface, and we would like to address them briefly with what we know at this time—
1. What about the properties and houses the church owns to the west of our property—couldn’t we sell them and use that money for the building?
- Actually, the properties to the West remain strategic to our future development for at least three reasons: The need to relocate our septic/drainfield facilities; the potential for a future exit off our property to the North (creating an alternative to Highway 212 exit); and the possibility of need for additional parking or even future facilities or activity fields. In other words, with a view to our future these properties remain of high importance.
2. When are we going to build, and what will we do for facilities during the construction?
- We anticipate that the building process would take place from the end of one school year, through the next school year and summer (15 months minimum). During this time we would hope to keep the main building (auditorium, church offices) and gym functional. Two options for additional classroom needs during construction would be leasing a “portable village” (including restroom facilities), or renting/leasing space nearby. The timing for the start will be dependent on funding. In the meantime we will continue the planning process, developing drawings, etc.
3. How much is this going to cost?
- In the month of May we will be meeting with at least three contractors to gain design and process information, and this will help us understand the cost range we might anticipate.
–The Elder Council