This week the Elder Council began reviewing information in the 510 page book, Conducting a Successful Capital Campaign by Kent E. Dove. There are a number of steps church leadership needs to get in place as we prepare to enter a period of fundraising for the building project. Please pray:
1) That we will be able to carry out the necessary work to be well prepared.
2) That we will be able to identify church members and members of the school constituency who are interested and able to provide time and effort at a committee level.
3) That we will find a consultant to work with who will guide us, understanding our church and the values that are important to us.
4) That we will identify an effective way for the body to get needed information and provide input and feedback on the preliminary design concept that has been developed, some process like the “charrette” used by the Building God’s Way organization.
5) For the Elder Council to have the wisdom needed because of our inexperience in this process, and for God to guide us and encourage all our hearts as His church to move us toward His plan and purpose.