Regathering announcement Sunday morning, May 31
The staff and a “Regathering Task Team” has met and conferred by email to develop a plan to begin regathering. We have sought to listen to you, through survey and conversation, to authorities such as the CDC, and to other church leadership resources. We have had to walk in the tension between desire to gather together, and desire to not be the next epicenter of COVID-19. Some among us are not as concerned about the virus threat, but a few of us have been gravely ill, and some of us have had family members die. All these things weigh on our minds in developing this plan.
Here are our phases:
Phase 1 – Beginning next week, June 7. Mostly as it is now, with one addition.
We will establish spaces where Community Groups up to 25, and other small groups such as ministry teams, will be able to meet together following safe gathering practices. Community Group or ministry team leadership will be able to reserve time and space by calling the office or an online form, which should be available at the website this week.
Phase 2 – Beginning as early as June 28.
In addition to the above, our worship services will return to 8:15 and 11am. We will invite people to gather to view the livestream together in the gym, lower classrooms, and library by reservation (to plan for physical distancing), again by online form or by calling the office.
Phase 3 is uncertain, we are watching for guidelines and timing of the next phase.
As people begin to regather, we want to encourage loving concern for one another with the following guidelines:
- Maintain “social distancing” (6 ft recommended)
- Utilize hand sanitizing stations
- Wear a face covering. We encourage you to use your own, we will make some available.
- Welcome one another with no-physical contact greetings.
- Be aware restrooms will be single-occupancy.
- Sit in family groups, those you are “at home” with, to maximize space.
- Any sign of illness—continue to stay home and join by livestream.
- If you are considered part of the “vulnerable” population, we encourage you to remain home and join by livestream.
Thank you for loving one another well as we work through this challenging time!