Hi Cross Connection folks,
Since Cross Connection has not met in person for several months, and since COVID has delayed the planned launch of the new Junction kids ministry, we have an opportunity for a semi-regular Sunday evening gathering that will try to address both needs.
The dates are Sunday evenings Oct. 4, 25, Nov. 15 and Dec. 6 @ 5-7 pm at DCC. Parents and kids must register online to attend; that way, we can be sure that we're staying within our capacity limits. To register, please use the following form: https://reopen.church/r/ApO9yJwr. The same link will be used for parents and kids, but you will need to choose the correct "event".
This will be different than our last time together as a community group: No formal teaching time is planned. We won't be offering refreshments. Face coverings will be required. Even though it will be different, we can still look forward to enjoying some of the meaningful in-person contact that makes Cross Connection special to so many of us.
When we meet at the church, there will be two cohorts: a Cross Connection cohort of no more than 50 total adults and young children (3 and under), and a children's ministry cohort. The Cross Connection cohort will have access to the lower level classrooms and bathrooms. We can set up the chairs however we'd like, but when we are done, we will be responsible for sanitizing and re-setting the room for school before we leave.
What will the kids be doing during this time?
- Kids 3 and under would be with parents in Cross Connection. Make sure you count them when you register!
- Kids from age 4 through 6th grade would be dropped off in the gym for a mini-sport/art camp. (If you have a 3-year-old that is the youngest child in your family, talk to Angela Karch.) Check-in for kids will begin at 5:00 and they should be picked up at 6:55, so that the children's event can end by 7 pm.
- Children will be given colored wristbands at check-in, a wristband stub will be torn off as a pickup card for the parents
- These kids will start and end as a whole group, physically distanced, then split into 3 smaller groups (10-15 kids) based on age and rotate through three different sports/art activities
- Kids should wear athletic shoes and bring a water bottle
- Face coverings will be required at all times (including the 4 year olds if possible)
- Youth (7th to 12th grades) - There's no room for them to be on campus at this time. However, Angela Karch is looking for help with check-in and cleaning on Sunday mornings. The time commitment would be 8:40-10:30, 10:40-12:30 or 8:40-12:30. These helpers will be able to watch most of the service from the foyer (not in the adult locations). Please let Angela know if you have youth interested in helping.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully we'll be able to see many of you on October 4!
Chris Strong and Angela Karch