Damascus Community Church Family –
As many of you already know, the DCC staff has been continuously working to creatively think of ways to offer the best options available for worshiping together safely and in accordance with restrictions set by the authorities that God has placed over us. As restrictions and recommendations have changed, we’ve needed to adjust, but always with the goal of providing the most opportunities for the DCC body to be present together for Sunday worship.
As we head into November and approach the holiday season, we are excited to be able to invite the DCC church family back into the Auditorium (in limited numbers) for weekly live worship services, while maintaining our livestream to both the Gym and to those at home through YouTube.
Here’s the plan, beginning Sunday, November 1:
1. Auditorium: Two identical live services will be offered at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- Entry: Attendees will enter through the northernmost door at the main entrance. (Look for the “Auditorium Entrance” sign)
- Seating: The seating configuration in the Auditorium main floor has been set up to accommodate proper social distancing (the balcony will be closed). Couples/Families may slide their chairs close together, but must be seated six feet from the next closest party. Please place all chairs back in original seating configuration at the end of the service.
- Restrooms: For those attending the service in the Auditorium, the restroom downstairs will be available for use. The main floor restrooms in the children’s wing will be for children’s ministry use only. Doors to access the children’s wing from the lobby will be closed to adults attending the service in the Auditorium. If stairs pose a challenge for you, we recommend attending services in the Gym.
- Registration: The Auditorium will be open to the first 40 people who register to attend. To register, click here https://forms.gle/EwHGZT2sEt9yzbPG8. To help provide multiple people with the opportunity to attend services in the Auditorium, we ask that if you attend live worship one Sunday, you would join us in Gym for the next Sunday.
2. Gymnasium: Both the 9:00 am and 11:00 am services will be livestreamed.
- Entry: Attendees will enter through the northern Gym doors on the courtyard side of the building.
- Seating: The seating configuration in the Gym has been set up to accommodate proper social distancing. Couples/Families may slide their chairs close together, but must be seated six feet from the next closest party.
- Restrooms: For those attending the service in the Gym, the Gym restrooms are available for use.
- Registration: Registration will still be required to attend, and the capacity at this time will remain at 50 people. To register for your spot, click here https://forms.gle/EwHGZT2sEt9yzbPG8.
3. Children’s Ministry: Sunday School for 3yrs.- 6th grade will be available during both the 9:00 am and 11:00 am services.
- Entry: Children will check-in at the southernmost door at the main entrance (Look for the “Children’s Ministry Entrance” sign) and be brought through the Friendship Center to the upper children’s wing. Pick-up after services will also be at the southernmost door. Please note, to maintain separation between cohorts, parents will not be permitted to enter the children’s wing.
- Restrooms: Children will have access to the restrooms in the children’s wing on the main floor. Doors to access the children’s wing from the lobby will be closed to adults attending the service in the Auditorium.
- Registration: To register your child, click here https://forms.gle/EwHGZT2sEt9yzbPG8
4. From Home: Both services will also be available to livestream at home through YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/Dama... ) at 9:00 am and 11:00 am and for playback any time after Sunday.
As usual, face masks will be required for everyone 5 years or older attending any of the gatherings on campus unless you have a medical condition that prevents face covering, or while eating or drinking.
It will take a lot of work to accomplish all this. There are many ways to be involved (literature table, tech stuff, greeting folks, children’s check-in, sanitizing following services, tear down after second service, etc.). If you’d like to volunteer to help us, please let us know by completing the form here: https://dcc.breezechms.com/form/64532c
We look forward to worshiping through singing, preaching, prayer and celebrating Communion together with you in the same room again!