Damascus Community Church Update on COVID-19 2 Week Freeze, November 16, 2020
During the Governor’s press conference last Friday, a two week freeze on activities was ordered to limit the spread of the virus. This two week freeze will occur from Wednesday, Nov. 18 through Wednesday, Dec. 2. The changes to state guidelines are primarily related to gathering sizes. The new guidelines are as follows:
- Faith gathering sizes have been changed from 50 to 25 people. We can continue to have multiple groups on campus at the same time as long as we follow these requirements:
- Each gathering has its own entrance and exit
- Each gathering has its own set of restrooms
- No gathering can share any common areas (hallways, lobbies, staircases, etc.)
- Face masks or coverings must be worn indoors by everyone 5 yrs. old and up.
- Within the gathering guidelines of 25 people per gathering, maximum occupancy of each indoor and outdoor area must maintain the requirements of at least six (6) feet of physical distance between “parties”, and limit number of individuals on the premises accordingly. Use a 35 square feet per person guideline, a group of 25 people would require a minimum space of 875 square feet.
A reminder about Masks:
- Masks are required indoors at all times for everyone age 5 and up. There is no longer an exemption for 6 feet of social distancing. (An exception will be made for when staff members are alone in their office or classroom).
- Outdoor masks are required when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Proper mask wearing compliance
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- CDC does not recommend use of masks or cloth masks for source control if they have an exhalation valve or vent.
UPDATED CHURCH INFORMATION
- In an effort to allow our staff to work primarily from home, we will be adjusting our church office hours. For the next two weeks our church office hours will be Noon - 4pm Monday through Friday.
- If you have an urgent matter and need to speak to someone right away use our “after hours” phone number (503-489-7297).
- Sunday Worship Services
- Live in-person services will continue to be offered in our Auditorium at 9am and 11am.
- There will also be a livestream option available in the Gym for both services.
- Or you can also view the services from your home on our YouTube Channel.
- Children’s ministry for 3yrs.- 6th grade is offered during the 9am & 11am services in the children’s wing.
- Groups on Campus: During this two week freeze, community groups and ministry teams are still welcome to meet on campus as long as they follow all current campus and room use guidelines.
- Financial Support
Thank you for partnering with us in accomplishing the mission and vision God has called us to. You can financially support the ministry using one of these methods.
- Online at our website: Use our Giving Portal to set up a one time or recurring gift.
- Bank Bill Pay: Most banks offer bill pay services to set up recurring gifts.
- U.S. Postal Service: Simply drop a check in the mail. If you would like to receive return envelopes, please let us know when filling out a communication card (https://dcc.breezechms.com/form/CommCard)
Please continue to monitor the following communication tools for the latest regathering information:
- Prayer Chain & Emails
- Our weekly DCC Newsletter
- Announcements during the Sunday worship services.
UPDATED SCHOOL INFORMATION
The two week freeze does not apply to or change current health and safety protocols for K-12 schools or K-12 sports currently allowed. Schools will continue operating under previous guidance issued by the Oregon Health Authority.
For all the latest school information, please visit our DCS COVID-19 page at the website: http://damascusor.apptegy.us/o/damascus-christian-school/page/covid-19-information-for-2020-2021- school-year
In closing, please know that we love you and are praying for you. At the heart of everything we are doing it is to protect and care for you in the best possible way we can. As leaders, we strive to do what is best for all involved. Thank you for your graciousness and understanding with each of us as we work together in an effort to honor God in this process.
By His Grace,
The DCC Elder Council