Friendships That Last a Lifetime
The senior class is quite special to us here at DCS, as some of them have been with us since Kindergarten. It’s a close group of friends with bonds that will last a lifetime.
The seniors experience many fun activities such as a Grand Teton/Yellowstone trip for 9 days at the beginning of the school year to focus on leadership and to consolidate a scientific Biblical worldview through God’s creation with Mr. Hayley (a wildlife biologist) and Mr. Hergenrather (a creation geologist).
Double Accreditation => Ready for College
Also, because of DCS’s exceptional double accreditation, seniors are ready for college.
Important Dates for Seniors – 2019-20
Tuesday, November 20—return completed Josten’s order to the school office.
Today—start gathering photos to share at the Junior/Senior Dessert and Graduation. The plan is to use the same pictures at both events. At the Junior/Senior Dessert, parents’ voice-overs will play with the pictures; at Graduation, music will support the slide show.
- Send around 20 photos to Lisa Clear, and she will choose the best based on clarity and resolution.
- Digital photos should be compiled on a USB drive and submitted to the school office. Mrs. Clear will collect them there.
- If you have actual photos you would like to use, scan them and add them to the USB with the rest of the photos. Contact Lisa Clear for any questions you may have about this process (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Record a 2 minute message to your senior that you would like played at the Junior/Senior Dessert while the picture slideshow is playing. These voice-overs are an opportunity to share in your student’s success in graduating, relating your joy in them, your hopes for them, your memories of them, etc.
Friday, January 31—senior pictures due to Mrs. Billings for the Yearbook. Please submit these photos on a flash drive or by e-mail to email@example.com. Direct any questions to Mrs. Billings.
Friday, April 3—Photos and voice-overs are due to Lisa Clear. Please have these digital items loaded on a USB drive and deliver them to the school office by this date.
- It is recommended that you use your cell phone to record a message, using a voice recording app, then load that recording onto a USB drive.
- If you have any questions about voice recording apps, direct them to Mrs. Clear.
Monday, May 4—Senior Bios are due to Mrs. Lorenzen for an English grade. Senior bios are an opportunity for students to create an artistic display of pictures and to share about their future and past. Bios will be posted in the school hallway and will include a student’s immediate future plans, as well as discussing the most valuable lesson they are taking away from their DCS experience.
Friday, May 15—Junior/Senior Dessert, 6:30 p.m. at the school
Thursday, May 28—Speeches of Valedictorian(s) and Salutatorian(s) are due to Mrs. Lorenzen
May 26-29—Senior Finals Week
TBD—Senior Awards time TBD
Friday, May 29—Seniors’ last day and Senior Chapel from 8:15-9:15. Noon dismissal.
Sunday, May 31—Graduation Rehearsal at Good Shepherd, time TBD
Sunday, May 31—GRADUATION at Good Shepherd 7:00 (seniors arrive at 6:15)
Monday, June 1—Rejoice and Relax!!!