What is Building on Faith?
"But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith..."
- Jude 1:20
CLICK HERE for the latest B.O.F. prayer updates
or here for a compiled list of updates 2017-2019 (PDF)
"Building on Faith" is not about a physical building. It means strengthening and growing in our faith, and moving in obedience to God when He directs us to go somewhere or do something, even when it doesn't look possible. And yet, for Damascus Community Church, "Building on Faith" is also about a physical building.
For over 30 years DCC has discussed improved facilities. Along the way we have added the gymnasium and portable classrooms to our facilities, to both continue and expand our many ministries. Today, we are utilizing present facilities to capacity, and find ourselves limited by inadequate space in both numbers and size of rooms.
Beginning in 2003, our discussions have focused on two key principles. First, facilities are just that - tools to facilitate ministry. Second, God has allowed us to be in an excellent location for serving the community of Damascus. For this reason, we have purchased adjacent or near property, and have considered a variety of expansion options to better meet both current and anticipated needs.
Because of the size and worn condition of our present "education wing," we have come to believe our best option is to replace this section of our facilities. This, however, is a God-sized project that represents a significant challenge. But God has always been faithful to DCC (see video history below). Please pray with us that God will be glorified as we trust Him in strengthening and building on the faith we already have in Him, and as we seek His will for building (a facility) on faith.
Building on Faith Video History
(produced in 2017)
"WHAT'S NEXT?" SUMMARY (11/4/19)
Background through 2017-
- Many ideas considered, studies done, and conversations about the best way to build to facilitate the ministry the Lord has called us to as a church.
- Responding to ministry and maintenance needs, and believing the time had come, the Elder Council (EC) concluded it is God’s will that we pursue facilities development.
- The EC develops a concept for building, a structure to replace the current wing between the Sanctuary and the Gym.
- Through interaction with the DCC family (church and school constituencies) by utilizing the service of Influencing Generations for Christ, we found affirmation of unity on our mission, vision, and need for building.
What’s Next? 2019- (see graphic)
- Development of a plan to raise the needed capital to build (“Caleb Study”).
- This will be followed by a capital campaign in two phases, leading to the building program.