SUNDAY SCHOOL ONLINE
Please join us each week for a lesson on the "Damascus Children's Ministry" YouTube channel!
SUNDAY SCHOOL IN-PERSON
We are excited to offer a full Sunday School program in-person for children 3-12 years old during our 9:30 worship service. If your family chooses to attend the 9:30 worship service, please read the following carefully:
- Families MUST register to attend the DCC in-person service for your children to participate in Sunday School (in-person) https://bit.ly/3l5Y0VL. Please note, children must be registered in the Sunday School box and the rest of your family (adults, teens, infants/toddlers) must be registered in the auditorium. Registration is available beginning Sunday afternoon of the week before and we encourage you to register early in the week as this service does fill up.
- Sunday School will run the entire length of the service. Drop off will be at 9:15-9:30 by last name at the southernmost (left) door at the main entrance (look for the “Children’s Ministry Entrance” sign). We ask that only Sunday School attendees come into the building through that door (all others, including parents, should wait outside).
- All children will receive a pre-printed name tag at the drop off location. Parents will receive a numbered sticker.
- Pick up after services will also be by last name at the southernmost door – please bring the numbered sticker you received at drop off and wait outside for your children.
- Doors to access the children’s wing from the lobby will be closed to adults attending the service in the auditorium. Also, there will be a wall blocking access to the friendship center from the auditorium.
- Be in good health - If you are showing any signs of illness or may have been exposed to the coronavirus in the past two weeks, please do not attend church / Sunday School.
- Children 5 and older MUST wear a face covering. Children 3-4 years are encouraged to wear a face covering if possible.
- Please take your children to the bathroom before you leave home. Bathrooms are single-use only in the children's wing on the main floor.
- We are unable to have a snack during class at this time so please make sure your child has eaten breakfast/snack before coming to Sunday School.
PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON SUNDAY SCHOOL
Here are our safety protocols:
- Health checks and temperatures will be taken for each child at check-in
- Children receive hand sanitizer as they enter and leave the classroom – to keep outside germs out and Sunday School germs in the classroom!
- Children in the same family are seated next to each other while children outside your family are seated 6 ft apart
- Classes are capped at 10 children to allow for more individualized learning and discipleship
- All teachers and children 5 and older wear face masks/shields at all times
- All high-touch surfaces/equipment (i.e. tables, pencils, clipboards, Bibles) are cleaned after each class and the classrooms are sprayed as well
- Children use the handicap or preschool bathroom, a different bathroom from what the adults in the auditorium use
- To-go snacks are given at the door on the way out, not consumed in the classroom
Our goal at Damascus Community Church is to strengthen and mature every believer, and to present them complete in Christ, (Colossians 1:28). In order to accomplish this goal, we offer Sunday morning programs for children from nursery age through sixth grade. Additionally, on Sunday evenings we have our weekly Junction, which is a whole family outreach focused on knowing Christ through scripture memory.
If you would like to provide feedback about our children's ministry, please click here. Please contact Angela at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.