Dear AWANA Families,
We are thrilled to announce an exciting change to our Sunday night children's program! Beginning October 2020, the AWANA program is shifting to a new ministry called Junction on Sunday evenings. Click here to view a brief announcement about Junction: https://youtu.be/ZYwTHyjtjbI.
Why the shift?
We would like to be able to offer a program for the entire family! Junction will allow for family fellowship and developmentally appropriate instruction that supports the DCC discipleship process.
The desire is that Junction results in helping individuals find life in Christ, grow to be like Christ, serve for Christ, and be fulfilled in Christ.
In addition, this new ministry allows for more flexibility and freedom with calendar adjustment, leadership development, compatibility with other programs at the church, and the everchanging health regulations.
- Childcare will be available for infants and toddlers.
- There will be developmentally appropriate programs for children ages three through sixth grade.
- The programs will continue to include scripture memory, games, worship, and Bible lessons.
- Children will learn how to study the context, interpret scripture, and identify personal application in the verse/passage of the month.
- Our teens will continue to serve as leaders, and will participate in on-going training and discipling.
- There will be instructional classes offered for parents and support for building scripture memorization at home.
We would like to thank Loren Unruh and the AWANA leaders for their leadership and time given to build a strong scripture memory program. A smooth transition is possible because of their work. Our goal is to build on the foundational structure they have provided on Sunday evenings while broadening our outreach to include the whole family, including DCC families, DCS families, and neighborhood families.
We hope you will join us for Junction next school year! However, if you prefer to continue participating in AWANA, this program is offered at:
- Estacada First Baptist Church
- Open Door Baptist Church, Troutdale
- Wood Village Baptist Church
- Pleasant Home Community Church, Gresham
Thank you so much for your participation in AWANA with us! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or feedback! We look forward to connecting with you again this fall,