The DCC Stephen Ministry exists to provide a quality one-to-one caring ministry through trained church members reaching out to others. They will engage in a care-giving relationship that focuses on the unique needs of one person as long as a need exists. Care-givers will receive support, guidance and supervision in order to continue giving effective Christian care to others.
*Please contact the Church Office at 503.658.3179 to learn more about DCC's Stephen Ministry.
Stephen Ministers are there: . . .
- . . . .after the phone call you hoped you’d never get.
- . . . .after the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you’ve held at bay come crashing in on you.
- . . . .after the relationship falls apart and the bottom falls out of your life.
- . . . . after the doctor says, “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing more we can do.”
- . . . after the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, “Welcome to your new home.”
- . . . after the last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away—and the house suddenly seems empty.
- . . . after the gavel comes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away.
- . . . after the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- . . . after you find a pink slip with your final paycheck.
- . . . after your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
Stephen Ministers are the After People.
TESTIMONIES FROM CARE RECEIVERS
“It Was Such a Burden off My Shoulders”
“My Stephen Minister Is Truly a Gift”
“Getting Me Plugged into My Church”
“Refusing to Give Up on Me”
“I Can Tell Him Anything”
“Connected with God in a Way I Never Felt Before”